Dads and Dialogue
Families First Learning Lab
Dads & Dialogues is a 1.5 hour long group that meets for five sessions. In this group dads come together to connect about the experience of fatherhood. Session topics are centered around Dr. John Sommers-Flanagan’s research and work involving parental power dynamics and the Parent Influence Model (PIM). Dads will learn about and explore the different ways that their power influence affects the family system.
While part of the intent of this group is helping to educate dads, our overarching goal is to provide a space for dads to connect and feel supported. The educational element of the group session is used as springboard for a rich, meaningful discussions and discovery.
• Learn to effectively communicate with your child(ren)
• Gain knowledge that is critical for your child(ren)’s success and growth
• Dismantle assumptions, perspectives, and mental filters that come with being a father
• Establish healthy relationships to mirror to your child(ren) so they can develop the capacities they need to lead a happy and fulfilling life
• Be welcomed into a safe environment where every voice is heard, and every struggle is listened to without judgement
“It’s helpful to know that other dads are out there having a tough time too. It helped put things in perspective.”
“Dads & Dialogues made me feel connected and think about my identity as a father. My daughter loved coming and playing with other kids.”
To learn more or register, please visit the Families First Learning Lab website or email Dylan at
- Sep 06 2023
- 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- Families First Classroom
- Level Two, Missoula Public Library, 455 E. Main St, Missoula, MT