Can’t Find What You Need?
If we don’t have an item you’re looking for, there’s a good chance we can still get it for you through Interlibrary Loan or purchase requests.
This service allows library cardholders to borrow items not found in our catalog. If you make an Interlibrary Loan request, we’ll reach out to libraries across the United States to see who has the item and is willing to lend it to us.
Give us a call at (406) 721-2665. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To start, visit Worldcat FirstSearch.
- You will need a special authorization number and password to place a request from outside the library.
- Enter the authorization code “100284096”
- password “discovery.”
- Search by Title, Author, Keyword or a combination of the above to locate your item.
- Click on the item title to open up the item record.
- Click on the black button labeled “ILL”in the upper left toolbar.
- Complete the form, filling in only the boxes marked with asterisks, and click “Submit”to send us your request.
If you feel the library should own an item not found in our catalog, you can recommend a purchase. All purchases are subject to our selection guidelines. To get started, open the catalog and click “Requests” on the upper right.
More Interlibrary Loan FAQs
Members of Missoula Public Library card with an account in good standing. If your account is temporarily suspended because of fees owed, you must resolve the issue before making an Interlibrary Loan request.
This is determined by the lending library. Also, some items may be designated “Library Use Only” due to their rarity or high value. These items may be used in the library until their due date but may not leave the building.
Not all lending libraries allow renewals. Please request renewals at least one week prior to due date by calling 721-2665 or emailing email@example.com.
Fines on Interlibrary Loan items are $1.00 per day. Items not picked up at the Accounts Desk are assessed a $5.00 fee.
Each user is allowed five postage-paid Interlibrary Loan items per fiscal year (July 1 through June 30). After five items, a $3.00 postage fee per item will be assessed.