Download these free mobile apps to take Missoula Public Library with you where ever you go!
*NEW* Kanopy has an app for a wide variety of mobile and TV devices. To start, click the image to visit the Kanopy website. Choose your favorite device from the list and follow the instructions to start your download.
Will I be charged for this service? The library doesn’t charge a fee for this service, but your mobile service provider’s regular text messaging rates still apply. Check with your mobile service provider to see the cost of text messages in your service plan.
How do I sign up for the Shoutbomb service? Send a text message with only the keyword SIGNUP to 406-215-4240. If you do not get a text in 15 minutes, please text WEBCONFIRM to 406-215-4240. If you do not get a response within three days, contact your library with details of your issue.
- You will receive a reply asking you for your library card number. If you receive a reply telling you that we could not understand your message, this typically means that the text was typed incorrectly. For example, “SIGNUP” is correct while “SIGN UP” is not.
- Reply with only the information requested. If library card number is mistyped or a zero was accidentally omitted, an error message will be received asking for the number once again. Go back to your original message and make sure the library card number entered is accurate, make any necessary corrections and resend.
- If the library card number is valid, you will receive a message asking for your PIN.
- If the PIN is valid, you will receive a message thanking you for registering.
- When registration is complete, you will receive a message asking for your email address. Sending your email address is optional.
- This completes the signup process.
What do I do if I don’t get a reply from the Shoutbomb service? The Shoutbomb service processes all request within 60 seconds of receiving your message, but some mobile service providers do not deliver this first message promptly.
- Wait and see if the reply arrives.
- If after 4 hours you still have not received a reply, send the keyword RESEND to 406-215-4240.
- You can only use the RESEND command three times per day. This limitation is in place to protect from spam messages. If you do not receive a reply after three days, then contact your library with the details of your issue.
Does this service replace any notices I currently receive via email or telephone? No. Since Shoutbomb is a third party service, notices you currently receive via email or telephone will still be sent to you. The text-messaging service acts as a complement to your other notices.
Can I associate more than one library card to my phone number? Yes. After you sign up with your first library card, send the message ADDCARD to 406-215-4240 and respond to the prompts.
When will I receive texts? Texts will be sent only when activity on your account triggers a message and will usually arrive around 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM.
What kinds of messages are available with the Shoutbomb service?
General services messages
ADDCARD – Add an additional library card to your notifications.
ADDEMAIL – Request to update user’s profile with an email address.
DROPEMAIL – Request to update user’s profile by deleting existing email address.
FEES– Toggles notification on or off when fees have been added to your account. This option is not automatically turned on when you register.
HELP – Request detailed descriptions and how to use each keyword.
ISBN – Texting the letters “ISBN” + a 10- or 13-digit ISBN number to search the library catalog. Useful if you are in a bookstore and want to check library holdings.
SIGNUP – Register for text messaging service.
RESEND – Resend the last message from Shoutbomb.
TEST – Test your connection to Shoutbomb service.
QUIT – Turn off the text messaging service.
SWITCHPHONE – Allows you to update your account with a new phone number or carrier.
HL – Request a list of your items currently on hold.
HOLDS – Toggles hold notices on or off. (This is automatically turned on when you register)
OL – Get a list of overdue items.
OA – Request to renew all overdue items.
OW – number of overdue items ineligible for renewal and why.
OVERDUE – Toggle notification on or off for 1,14 and 28 day overdue warnings. (This option is automatically turned on when you register.)
How do I report an issue? If you are experiencing any issues with the service or you would like to make a suggestion for improvement, please call/text/email your local library.
How do I quit using the Shoutbomb service? To end all text notifications and cancel your registration, text the message quit to 406-215-4240, then reply to the instructions from Shoutbomb.