We have 18 meeting rooms for public use during open hours. Most rooms can be booked from this page. For more info about meeting rooms, visit the Meeting Rooms by Level page.
How Do I Book a Room?
Create your first booking using your preferred name and email address. You’ll then receive an email to complete your login and account for future bookings. Create a password or create a social login (with Google, Facebook, Microsoft, and Twitter).
Navigate the available spaces with the left and right keyboard arrows or by clicking on the left and right buttons in the top right corner of the calendar.
Sort the spaces by floor by clicking on the spaces button in the top right corner and navigating the drop down menu.
- Get more information about a room (capacity, audiovisual equipment, etc.) by clicking on room name or the next to the room name.
- For expanded view of available spaces, open booking calendar in new tab.
- Questions or need assistance booking a room? Contact us or call 406-721-2665.
The Library Board shall have the authority to deny a meeting if it is deemed inappropriate to the mission of MPL by the Library Director. Upon adequate notice and for adequate reasons, the Library reserves the right to revoke permission to use any meeting room. Library and Partners-oriented activities shall have first priority to use the meeting rooms. Meetings and exhibits do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the Library Board or staff.
1. PUBLIC MEETINGS. All meetings taking place during the Library’s public hours are considered public meetings and open to public participation. You may schedule a meeting up to 90 days in advance (30 days for study rooms). A group is limited to reserving Library meeting space to one evening per month.
2. FREE MEETINGS. Meeting space use is provided at no cost to community members. Groups may not charge admission or registration fees for any meeting. (Donations may be accepted.)
3. Using the space:
FURNITURE. A group is welcome to reconfigure chairs and tables according to its need. Furniture must be returned to its original configuration before the group leaves. Specific chair/table configurations can be requested in advance.
TECHNOLOGY. Assistance with AV equipment and peripherals is available upon request. All systems (including shades and screens) must be reset or shut down before checking out of the meeting space.
CHECKING IN AND OUT. Please be sure to arrive within the first 15 minutes of your reservation. If you do not arrive within 15 minutes of your reservation, the reservation will be considered cancelled and the space will be made available to other patrons on an as-needed basis. You should call the library if running late to keep a reservation. Spaces must be left in as neat and orderly a condition as they are found. All entry points to a meeting space must be closed completely and locked shut when exiting. You must check in and out with library staff at the beginning and end of a reservation.
4. LIABILITY. Organizations holding meetings assume responsibility for any damage to the spaces or contents.
5. CLOSING TIME. Groups must end meetings 15 minutes prior to Library closing. After hour reservations are only permissible with pre-approval by the Library Director.
6. RESERVATION TIMES. Meeting space use is only for the time reserved. Users must exit a meeting space at the end of their reservation.
7. ACCESSIBILITY. Meeting spaces are handicapped accessible. It is a responsibility of the group holding a meeting to provide ADA compliant programs.
8. PARKING. MEETING SPACE USE DOES NOT INCLUDE FREE UNLIMITED PARKING PRIVILEGES. Anyone parking in the Library’s lot in excess of two (2) hours is subject to being ticketed.
9. RESTRICTED USE. Group activities involving more than normal wear and tear will not be permitted.
10. LOST OR STORED ITEMS. Equipment, supplies, materials, or other items owned or brought into the building by a group are not the responsibility of the Library, nor can they be stored in the library.
11. FOOD. If a group or individual chooses to cater food or beverages at a meeting, Trapper Peak Coffee Shop, located on Level One of Missoula Public Library, must be contacted for catering at: . If Trapper Peak cannot provide the service, outside food may be brought in. Users must clean up any messes made.